Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish Picnic at the Cemetery!

     I wanted to share how I spent my St. Patty's Day. 

     Dad's favorite holiday was St. Patrick's Day...oh my, did he love to wear his green, he would dress from head to toe in green, even his shoes! 

     We decided it would be fun to have a Irish Picnic at the cemetery.

     Brother Ken treated us all to a lovely Irish Dinner...picnic basket and all.... Brought all the fixin's, even dessert which were yummilious Red Velvet Cupcakes.  Too die for!  WOW...that was some kind of pun.  Oh my!!!

     Not the entire family were able to make it, the few of us who did...had a wonderful time eating, visiting, wandering around looking at all the names giving Mom some well deserved exercise.

     Stacey made Grandpa a very special *head board* as she likes to call it.... So creative!  


We enjoy our crazy family times together....wouldn't have it any other way! 















How cute is Mom doing a jig down the road...not bad for 85 years young!!





    I hope you had a wonderful time with your loved ones too!

                           XOSO SANDY O 

3 comments:

  1. that is sooo awesome! I love how your family celebrated in rememberance of your father. I think it was a wonderful idea. And I bet your dad got a big kick out of it too!
    happy st pattys day!
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a great time! I have never heard of having a picnic in a cemetery before, but I am sure your dad would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all of you wearing hats and doing jigs how cute and what a nice day for such a party. here in Alaska you've need your ice cleats to do that dance!

    ReplyDelete