Friday, January 6, 2012

Lampshade REDO....

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS!



The New year is bringing me happiness with the simple things...today it was redoing an old lampshade. 

 I got this fantastic burlap stripping a few months ago, having no idea what I would use it for.. the light bulb went on, "I'll add it to my tired lampshade", it needed a make over badly.  Whipped out the trusty glue gun and went to work..I'm so happy with the end result.  Whatcha' think? 

Ruffles Ruffles and more Ruffles.....
A favorite part of taking down Christmas is revamping each area with a new vignette..my old crusty table that hubby made, got special attention with the addition of our old antique scale... it's and "ooh and aah" piece, at least to us. "Let's see, "what can make it new?"

Oh.... my Santos with my rosary collection, bird nest sitting in a fern... and my bibles swinging from the scale. 


 I realized, I love love love religious artifacts.  Who knew?  It wasn't something that I was really aware of until I started pulling from my collections and putting them together.  A light bulb moment.  Silly as that sounds.  

I haven't been around sharing for awhile...I've got some more new vignettes that I'll be sharing in the next few days... I hope you'll stop by and visit!

The past few months have been bittersweet... much going on...with that said, a New Year and New ME.

Onward and Upward... 
Life is GREAT!

Come share with me!


xoso

SANDY

3 comments:

  1. I love the vignette that you put together! beautiful! and the burlap on the lampshade is awesome too. I've been really dragging my feet about putting my christmas stuff away...but its starting to feel like it might be time this week!
    have a great weekend
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lampshade looks wonderful and the scales is fabulous. Love the new vignette. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bibles are beautiful displayed on the scale! WOW! I have a few old Bibles that I love, too. I love the way you decorate! ♥

    ReplyDelete