Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mini Nap Time

We've twirled through the purple bedroom, ending up with our last little corner of the room....

Nap time!




I like my beds to feel "lived" in...unmade, comfy cozy...

Yep...more salt pillows!

When making my bed cover, I lay a piece of pollyfill cut to size on the bed, then start layering the fabrics one on top of the next.  Folding and "smushing" ( I do allot of smushing), pulling and placing until they are just perfectly perfect to my liking. 

Now....

my secret here is...

I dampen the fabrics so they are pliable, fold able, wudge-able, creating all the little nooks and crannies..... of course if need be, I give them a tea bath for that old linen look.

Then I pull the fabric down on each side and hot glue them to the underside of the bed. 

Now, all you have to do is wait for the fabric to dry and you've got one lush looking bed that you'll want to hop into. 



A bit blurry...oh well, can't be good at everything.  hehehe







Didn't switch out the picture to one of my family members...this one was just too darn cute.

I think we've been in this room long enough...time to move on.

Have an eventful day in your dollhouse.

Never stop PLAYING...

Happy Weekend...

xoso

Sandy







8 comments:

  1. I really do want to hop into this bed Sandy!! It looks so comfortable and relaxing!!Thanks for the fabulous tips, I love the smushing bit :0)
    Hugs
    vicky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That bed does look comfy! Thanks for another great tip! I have to ask you something. Do you have any techniques to make the curtains look real? I've used the hairspray method and I loved the result but someone told me the hairspray turns the fabric yellow. So now I'm hesitant to use it. Let me know.
    I'm going to start my new project too. It's going to have a Fourth of July type theme. All American type farmhouse.
    Have fun with your new house!! Thanks for all the great tips you share!
    hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visit my blog, I didn't know your blog and now I'm happy to be your follower!!!! ....the bed is very very beautiful!!!!!
    Luisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and your lovely comments.
      xoso
      Sandy

      Delete
  4. The bed looks so inviting! Thanks for the tip.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I'll give out tips when ever I can... after all these years I should know a few. hehehe
      Hope your weekend is wonderful.
      xoso
      Sandy

      Delete
  5. Hi ı founded your blog with chance from elrincondemalug. congratulation. ı'll follow you .Very nice details . I also expect a visit to my blog
    best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,Sandy!
    Thank you very much for visit my blog! and by your words. And of course, thank you very much for inviting me to see your blog ... is fantastic. Your house is wonderful. There are many details to enjoy watching ... The bed is beautiful. The color of the sheets is adorable. I'll look often to see all your work.
    Many kisses from Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete